Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Roscommon Area District Library is a non-profit, charitable group whose mission is to promote the development of excellent library services for all patrons through fundraising, advocacy and volunteerism. The Friends of RADL formed in 2010 and is also a member of the Michigan Friends of Libraries. This local group of women and men is composed of friendly neighbors, full-time residents and “snow-birds” who share a fondness for the Roscommon Area District Library.
The Friends of RADL support the library by sponsoring programming for all ages, providing refreshments, volunteering as needed and helping fund library needs that may be outside of the library budget.
Membership is open to everyone. Annual dues are $5.00. Applications are available at RADL and the Lyon Branch Library.
Monthly meetings are the first Tuesday of each month at Fred’s Restaurant of Roscommon. The group gathers at 11:30 am to visit and order lunch. A business meeting begins at noon.
Ways to support:
• become a member,
• select RADL as your Amazon Smile charity and
• purchase used books from the Friends Used Books shelves at the back of RADL.
For more information:
- call RADL at 989-281-1305,
- visit us on Facebook at “Friends of Roscommon Area District Library”,
- email Friends at FriendsofRADL@gmail.com, or
- write to The Friends of RADL, P.O. Box 311, Roscommon, MI 48653.
Officers and Committee Chairs: 2018 – 2020
• President: Linda Brick
• Vice President: Heidi Luebke
• Secretary: Susan Horvat
• Treasurer: Lisa Sutton
• Trustee and Chair of the Nominating Committee: Phyllis Mills
• Trustee and RADL Board Liason: Ruth Mutchler
• Trustee and Member at large: Steve Remenar
• Membership Chair- Lisa Sutton
• Wine & Craft Beer Tasting Chair – Ruth Mutchler
• Events Chair – Valerie Remenar
• Publications Chair- Linda Brick
• Used Book Sales Chairs – Connie Allen, Linda Brick, Caroline Larson and Gail Lynch
• Landscaping Chair- Joyce Ballard