Visit us at Westwood Mall this summer!
The Library is very excited about the facility improvements taking place this year. Not only will the leaks be fixed, but the Youth Services will have its own dedicated programming space. While the work is underway, the Youth Services Department will temporarily reside in the Westwood Mall. The entire lower level will close on April 30, but materials and programming will continue to be available at the Children’s Branch starting May 7.
Note these important dates:
- May 7: Children’s Branch opens at Westwood Mall.
- June 9: Summer Reading kickoff! Programming resumes at Westwood Mall.
- November 2018: Youth Services moves back to the Library in their newly remodeled space.
Other things to know:
- Programming for the high school and junior high ages will take place in the regular library building.
- Services available at the Branch location will include: a small play area, computers and tablets, access to part of the children’s collection, checkout and returning of materials, material holds pickup and library card sign up.
- The part of the children’s collection that remains at the library will still be available via holds
- Can’t make it to the mall? Find us at Lower Harbor park for an all-ages interactive storytime Thursdays, starting June 14 at 9:30 am.
- Starting May 7, 2018, the PWPL Children’s Branch at the Westwood Mall will have the following hours:
- Monday– Thursday: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Sunday: Closed
Upcoming special programs:
PWPL Children’s Night, Thursday, May 17, 5:30 pm, UP Children’s Museum
Puppet Show: Goldilocks and the Three Bears, Saturday, May 19, 1:00 and 2:00 pm, Huron Mountain Club Gallery
Magic with Cameron Zvara, Thursday, May 24, 5:30 pm, Children’s Branch, Westwood Mall
Summer Reading Kickoff Concert, Saturday, June 9, 11:00 am, Westwood Mall
Summer Reading 2018 Program Brochure (pdf)
Regular Programming: (Suspended till June 9)
For all library programs in list format (starting with today’s date) and for more program details, see the Library’s Event List.
For more information, call the Children’s Desk at 906/226-4323 or contact Sarah Rehborg, Youth Services Department Head, using the form below.