Visit us at Westwood Mall!
The Library is very excited about the facility improvements taking place this year. Not only will the leaks be fixed, but the Youth Services will have its own dedicated programming space. While the work is underway, the Youth Services Department will temporarily reside in the Westwood Mall. The entire lower level is closed for renovations, but materials and programming will continue to be available at the Children’s Branch into October.
Note these important dates:
- May 7: Children’s Branch opens at Westwood Mall.
- November 2018: Youth Services moves back to the Library in their newly remodeled space.
Other things to know:
- Programming for the high school and junior high ages takes place in the regular library building.
- Services available at the Branch location include: a small play area, computers and tablets, access to part of the children’s collection, checkout and returning of materials, material holds pickup and library card sign up.
- The part of the children’s collection that remains at the library is still available via holds
- After Labor Day, the Branch hours will match the main Library hours.
Upcoming special programs:
Creator’s Hub, Thursday, September 29, 4:30 pm, Westwood Mall
Live Clue @ the Library, Friday, October 5, 7:00 pm, PWPL
T’was the Night Before Halloween Storytime, Monday, October 29, 7:00 pm, Community Room
(Fall programming and fall hours will begin after Labor Day.)
For all library programs in list format (starting with today’s date) and for more program details, see the Library’s Event List.
For more information, call the Children’s Desk at 906/226-4323 or contact Sarah Rehborg, Youth Services Department Head, using the form below.