Using the theme of your choice, decorate a tree or wreath to be displayed at Peter White Public Library during the month of December. The display will be the highlight of the Holiday Open House Saturday, December 2, 2017, 3:00 pm-5:00 pm.
How to Participate:
- The Winter Wonderland Walk is open to any individual, family, organization or business who would like to display a tree or wreath.
- Exhibitors will decorate an artificial wreath or artificial tree of any size. Participants may borrow one of the library’s trees, or bring in their own. We have no wreaths to lend.
- Exhibitors will decorate the tree or wreath with hand-crafted ornaments or an assortment of collectibles, etc. The use of a decorating theme and title is encouraged.
- A tree skirt and/or tablecloth is suggested, and small props are permitted surrounding the tree. Wreaths should be equipped for hanging.
- Lighting on trees is optional. Only miniature lights are permitted. The number of electrical outlets is limited and will be assigned to the earliest registrants. Wreaths may not be lighted.
- Please, no balloons or plastic/metallic icicles. They create a maintenance problem throughout the library and are difficult to completely remove from trees.
- The Winter Wonderland Walk will be on display to the public at the Peter White Public Library.
- Exhibitors must set up and decorate trees or deliver wreaths during the following time period:
- Tuesday, Nov. 28, 10:00 am-8:30 pm;
- Wednesday, Nov. 29, 10:00 am-8:30 pm;
- Thursday, Nov. 30, 10:00 am-8:30 pm;
- Friday, Dec. 1, 10:00am-5:30 pm.
- All decorations and wreaths must be removed during the following times:
- Friday, Dec. 29 10:00 am-5:30 pm;
- Tuesday, Jan. 3 10:00 am-8:30 pm;
- Wednesday, Jan. 3 10:00 am-8:30 pm;
- and Thursday, Jan. 4 10:00am-8:30pm
- The display will debut at the library’s Holiday Open House on Saturday, December 2, 2017, 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Following the open house, trees may be viewed through the month of December during normal library hours.
Closed December 23 – 25, 2017
and December 30, 2017 – January 1, 2018
Reasonable security will be provided; however, the library is not responsible for loss or breakage.
- This display is not intended to be a craft sale. Items on the tree may not be sold during the course of the display. Craftspeople, organizations or businesses may leave business cards or promotional brochures.
- Advance registration should be made by Friday, November 17, 2017.
- For further information, contact Carolyn McManis at 906/226-4318 or email@example.com