The library is hosting a theatrical performance called An Evening in the Park, 2 one-act plays performed by Vertigo Theatre Company on Thursday, March 23 through Saturday, March 25. Thursday and Friday performances are at 7:00 pm and Saturday’s is at 2:00 pm.
The Zoo Story by Edward Albee is set on a park bench in New York City’s Central Park. It opens as Jerry, a man in his thirties, says to Peter, a slightly older man reading a book, “I’ve been to the zoo.” Grannies by Jean McConnell is set at the seaside with 2 deck chairs. It features two grandmothers, Jenny, reluctantly looking after her teenage daughter’s child, and Barbara, desperately in love with her grandchild.
- Ticket price is $10.00
- People can purchase tickets in advance at the circulation desk with cash, check (payable to Peter White Public Library) or credit card.
- People can purchase tickets at the door with cash or check only.
- Tickets may be purchased over the phone (906/228-9510) by credit card.
- Seating is limited (85 per show) and on a first come first serve basis.
- Doors open 30 minutes before show time.