October 7-November 11, 2017
All programs free! Registration required.
What is Prime Time?
Prime Time Family and Prime Time Preschool is a unique 6-week program of reading, discussion, and storytelling at public libraries. A storyteller and an educator present award-winning children’s books that introduce classic literature and folk tales from around the world, including problem-solving stories for children ages 3-10 and their caregivers.
What does the Prime Time program do?
- Reinforces the role of the family.
- Provides a healthy family meal and time to further discuss books read at the session.
- Bonds parents and children around the act of reading
- Prime Time Preschool (new this year!) encourages development of critical thinking skills in children ages 3-5.
- Encourages parents and children to read and discuss humanities topics (history, literature, and ethical issues such as fairness, greed, friendship, and respect), fostering high academic expectations and achievement.
- Encourages parents to continue their own educational programs.
- Helps parents and children learn how to select books and become active users of library resources
- Provides bus passes and taxi fare for those who need transportation assistance.
All programs are free and will be held at the Library from 10:30 am to noon, beginning October 7 through November 11, 2017. Join us this fall for Peter White Public Library’s eighth year of Prime Time Family Reading Time.
Call the Youth Services Department at 906/226-4323 for more information about the program.
Download the 2017 Letter to Parents for more information.
Thank you to our 2017 Community Partners:
Friends of the Peter White Public Library
Michigan Humanities Council
Marquette-Alger Reading Council
Community Foundation of Marquette County
Marquette Breakfast Rotary Club
Phyllis & Max Reynolds Foundation
Marquette West Rotary Foundation
The Mining Journal
Marquette Rotary Club
Checker Transport, LLC
Super 1 Foods Marquette
Marquette Food Co-op
Jean Kay’s Pasties
Knights of Columbus Council #6447
St. Louis the King Women’s Club