October 7-November 11, 2017
All programs free! Registration required.
As of October 3, the preschool program is full. Interested families may still register and be put on a waiting list. You will be contacted and informed as to whether or not you can participate this year. Those on the waiting list will have priority for next year’s program.
What is Prime Time?
Prime Time Family and Prime Time Preschool is a unique 6-week program of reading, discussion, and storytelling at public libraries. A storyteller and an educator present award-winning children’s books that introduce classic literature and folk tales from around the world, including problem-solving stories for children ages 3-10 and their caregivers.
What does the Prime Time program do?
- Reinforces the role of the family.
- Provides a healthy family meal and time to further discuss books read at the session.
- Bonds parents and children around the act of reading
- Prime Time Preschool (new this year!) encourages development of critical thinking skills in children ages 3-5.
- Encourages parents and children to read and discuss humanities topics (history, literature, and ethical issues such as fairness, greed, friendship, and respect), fostering high academic expectations and achievement.
- Encourages parents to continue their own educational programs.
- Helps parents and children learn how to select books and become active users of library resources
- Provides bus passes and taxi fare for those who need transportation assistance.
All programs are free and will be held at the Library from 10:30 am to noon, beginning October 7 through November 11, 2017. Join us this fall for Peter White Public Library’s eighth year of Prime Time Family Reading Time.
Call the Youth Services Department at 906/226-4323 for more information about the program.
Download the 2017 Letter to Parents for more information.
Thank you to our 2017 Community Partners:
Friends of the Peter White Public Library
Michigan Humanities Council
Marquette-Alger Reading Council
Community Foundation of Marquette County
Marquette Breakfast Rotary Club
Phyllis & Max Reynolds Foundation
Marquette West Rotary Foundation
The Mining Journal
Marquette Rotary Club
Checker Transport, LLC
Super 1 Foods Marquette
Marquette Food Co-op
Jean Kay’s Pasties
Knights of Columbus Council #6447
St. Louis the King Women’s Club