As a Passport Agency for the U.S. Department of State, PWPL can aid the public in the process of obtaining a U.S. passport. An application form for a U.S. Passport is available at the Reference Desk on the second floor. Also available are other necessary forms for lost passports, parental consent, change of name, etc.
Passport requirements include:
- Completed DSP-11 (available at the Library)
- Certified copy of U.S.* birth certificate
- photograph that meets all State Department specifications.
- Picture I.D. for identification purposes
- Fee of $110 for individuals 16 years of age and older or $80 for children under 16 years of age in check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State (not credit card)
- Fee of $25 per passport application for processing fee to PWPL in check, cash, or credit card
Expedited passports and other services require additional fees. Please call the reference desk 906/226-4311 with your questions.
All applicants (regardless of age) must appear when passport application is presented to Library Staff for processing.
Both parents must appear and sign for applications of children under 16 years of age.
* Foreign-born requirements differ. Please call the Reference Desk at 906/226-4311 for information.
* Fees need to be in a check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State.
For current information on traveling in foreign countries and forms you can download from home, go to www.travel.state.gov.