The Building Love series of events started in January with four programs centered around the theme of World Cultures. The themes and the programs were developed by a group of local volunteers who approached the library programming office, wanting to create series of events that promote positive social change.
The Building Love programs have proved very popular with patrons, whether it be for a special documentary, a book discussion or a community conversation. They continue this month and will wrap up in May.
The remaining programs are as follows:
April theme, Environment (see poster)
- Thursday, April 12, 7:00 pm, UP Environment Interactive World Cafe
- Thursday April 19, 7:00 pm, Book Study (continued) The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
May theme, Our Children (see poster)
- Monday, May 7, 7:00 pm, DocuMonday film: Babies
- Wednesday, May 9, 6:00 pm, Children from Alaska to the UP: Working through Adversity toward Resilience
- Monday, May 21, 7:00 pm, Documentary film: Do It for Daniel
- Thursday May 17, 7:00 pm, Book Study (continued) The Immortal Lile of Henrietta Lacks