How to Participate
1. The Winter Wonderland Walk is open to any individual, family, organization or business who would like to display a tree or wreath.
2. Exhibitors will decorate an artificial wreath or artificial tree of any size. Participants may borrow one of the library's trees, or bring in their own. We have no wreaths to lend.
3. Exhibitors will decorate the tree or wreath with hand-crafted ornaments or an assortment of collectibles. The use of a decorating theme and title is encouraged.
4. A tree skirt and/or tablecloth is suggested, and small props are permitted surrounding the tree. Wreaths should be equipped for hanging.
5. Lighting on trees is optional. Only miniature lights are permitted. The number of electrical outlets is limited and will be assigned to the earliest registrrants. Wreaths may not be lighted.
6. Please do not decorate your tree with plastic or metallic icicles. They create a maintenance problem throughout the library and are difficult to completely remove from trees.
7. The Winter Wonderland Walk will be on display to the public at the the Peter White Public Library.
8. Exhibitors must set up and decorate trees or deliver wreaths during the following times:
Wednesday, December 4, 9:00 am - 8:30 pm
Thursday, December 5, 9:00 am - 8:30 pm
Friday, December 6, 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Saturday, December 7, 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
9. Trees and wreaths must be removed:
Thursday, January 2, 9:00 am - 8:30 pm
Friday, January 3, 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Saturday, January 4, 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Sunday, January 5, 1:00 pm - 5:30 pm
10. The display will debut at the library's
Holiday Open House
Sunday, December 8, 2013
1:00 to 3:00 pm
11. Following the open house, trees may be viewed during normal library hours:
Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday 1:00 - 6:00 pm
Closed December 24 & 25
Closed December 31 & January 1
12. Reasonable security will be provided: however,
the library is not responsible for loss / breakage.
13. This display is not intended to be a craft sale. Items on the tree may not be sold during the course of the display. Craftspeople, organizations or businesses may leave business cards or promotional brochures.
14. Advance registration should be made by Wednesday, November 27, 2013.
15. Register below or return the downloadable registration form to:
Winter Wonderland Walk
Peter White Public Library
217 N. Front Street
Marquette, MI 49855
16. For further information, contact Margaret Boyle at 226-4318 or firstname.lastname@example.org
17. Consider donating your used artificial tree to be used for the Winter Wonderland Walk.
|Online Registration Form
Click here if you prefer to
your own form.