The Mission of the Portage Lake District Library is to inspire our diverse community to discover, imagine and connect.
Our Vision is an educated, connected community of readers, learners, doers and dreamers.
- Education – We learn and teach everyday.
- Community – We are an active hub for community events and public discourse.
- Diversity – We serve everyone and find strength in celebrating our differences.
- Excellence – We provide quality, respectful and impartial service.
- Freedom – We offer equitable and confidential access to information for all.
- Innovation – We deliver essential services to our patrons in an ever-changing world.
2019 – 2022 Strategic Plan
The Library board adopted a new strategic plan on February 28, 2019. The plan is an ambitious set of improvements and innovations that represent a renewed commitment to exceptional service at the library. You can view and download a PDF of the Strategic Plan here.