Book Club Kits for Checkout at Hancock Library
August 28, 2019
Do you have a Book Club and dread rounding up enough copies for everyone in the group? Do you have trouble identifying good Book Club picks? Or have you always wanted to start your own Book Club but didn’t know where to start? The Hancock School Public Library has exactly what you need – Book Club Kits! They are the only library in Houghton/Keweenaw counties to have one of these programs, and their staff are here to help.
What is in each kit?
- 8 copies of a book
- Discussion Guide, which includes book review, author info and discussion questions
- Sign-out sheet to keep track of who has which copy
- Everything is contained in an easy-to-carry tote bag
What books are available? Ask for a complete list at the circulation desk.
- Books for adult book clubs, as well as for kids and teens
- Fiction and non-fiction titles
- Classic reads and new bestsellers
- 20 different kits. We hope to keep adding new kits regularly and invite suggestions!
How does it work?
- Cardholder checks out the one kit on his/her library card and distributes the books to the members, keeping track on the included sign-out sheet.
- The kits check out for 6 weeks and cannot be renewed.
- Read the books, discuss and have fun!
- Return the complete kit intact to the circulation desk (and tell us what you thought!)
This is a brand new program and is funded by a federal Library Services and Technology Act grant, distributed by the Library of Michigan. We would also love to accept multiple-copy donations of good-condition books that your book club may have purchased and is done with so we can expand our collection.
The Hancock School Public Library offers free library cards to all, and does not have a residency requirement. Stop by to sign up for your card today! Please call the library at 906-487-5925, ext 8005, for more information.