Your continued support truly makes a difference!
The Portage Lake District Library accepts various types of donations.
Monetary Donations are tax-deductible and can be general or dedicated to specific materials or programs. Generous past gifts have provided the library with funds needed for children’s materials, cultural programs for adults, and the purchase of thousands of books.
The library’s donor wall (pictured above) is still available for customized “book titles” that honor donors at three levels: $500, $1,000 and $2,000. The book titles will remain in the library for the life of the building, allowing library patrons to recognize those who support the library. Download a book spine donor form here.
Select the button below to donate instantly and securely through PayPal:
Donation of Books and Material
The library appreciates the donation of books and materials from patrons. Some items may be added to our collection or sold in a library book sale. We accept donations on Tuesdays between 10am – 1pm. Here are a few guidelines to remember when donating books:
- As a general rule, if you would not buy it at a sale, we cannot accept it
- We cannot accept textbooks
- We cannot accept medical books older than 5 years
- We cannot accept books without covers or with writing in them
- We cannot accept audio/visual materials without original cases
- We cannot accept books that smell musty, smoky, etc.
Phone: (906)482-4570 // Fax: (906)482-2129 // 58 Huron Street, Houghton, MI 49931-2194