Library Clerk 2 Job Posting ~ Accepting applications through Friday, March 31, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Position Title: Library Clerk 2 (Average 15-25 hours per week)
- High School diploma,
- Applicant must possess intermediate computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word,
- Ability to assist patrons with various tablets, mobile devices, and email,
- Working knowledge of Facebook and other social media sites,
- Lead Story Time and assist with class visits and other children’s activities,
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Experience working in a library is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work assigned hours, including alternate Saturdays,
- Open and close library building including disarming/arming security alarm, turning on/off lights, emptying book return, and retrieving mail from Post Office box,
- Performs all circulation desk and reference duties including opening/closing circulation desk, checking materials in/out, shelving materials and placing/filling hold requests for library materials,
- Processing new items,
- Assists patrons with use of online catalog, Internet, printing and copying,
- Substitutes for other staff when needed,
- Conducts oneself in a professional, courteous manner according to written personnel policy,
- Attends necessary training,
- Attends staff meetings,
- Performs other job duties as assigned by the library director.
Starting Pay: $9.70/hr.
Computer Classes for Beginners
We will be offering a series of computer classes starting Tuesday, April 4, 2017. Each class will be offered twice on varying topics. Patrons can sign up for just 1 class or all five. Topics include Computer Basics, Internet for Beginners, Email for Beginners, Microsoft Word for Beginners & Facebook for Beginners. Classes are FREE! They are one hour each from 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
April 4th & 6th: Computer Basics
April 11th & 13th: Internet for Beginners
April 25th & 27th: Email for Beginners
May 2nd & 4th: Microsoft Word for Beginners
May 23rd & 25th: Facebook for Beginners
Call 346-3433 or stop by the library to sign up. Class size is limited in order to offer one-on-one help from the 2 Leslies.