Library cards are free to :
- Residents of Sault Ste. Marie
- Residents of Contract Townships*
- Students of Lake Superior State University and Bay Mills Community College
- Individuals who own property in the Library’s service area
Current identification stating local address or proof of property ownership must be presented.
Click on map for larger image
Individuals who reside outside the Library’s service area may obtain a card for an annual fee of $30.00. Current identification stating local address must be presented.
Individuals residing at transient addresses in the Library service area for less than 16 weeks may be issued a Temporary Card upon proof of local address and permanent address. A $5.00 fee plus a $20.00 refundable deposit is required for each period of temporary residency. This category includes seasonal visitors, seasonal workers, and individuals residing at transient addresses.
Applicants for Bayliss Public Library cards (all categories) must present identification with current residential address. Identification with only a post office box number or with a motel/hotel address is not considered valid.
Resident and Non-Resident cards are valid for one year, at which time card holders may be required to verify address and phone number in order to renew the card.
The following are acceptable identification:
1) A valid Michigan driver’s license or State ID card with photo and current residential address; or, 2) A valid temporary Michigan driver’s license with current residential address and other items providing current residential address; or, 3) An official photo identification card from a school, agency, etc. in addition to other items providing current residential address.
Applicant must present valid identification and complete the application form. Parent, grandparent, or guardian must sign for children 12 and under. Individuals must present their own library card to checkout materials. It is assumed that the card presented belongs to the individual identified on the card. Card owner is responsible for all items charged on the card.